Top 5 Crowdfunding Sites for Gamers
This article is sponsored by the Outerlands: Season One Kickstarter campaign: A 6-episode documentary series on the people and culture of videogames. They have already raised $115,790 and are accepting pledges for 15 more days.
1. Gambitious is an Amsterdam-based crowdfunding site that supports the reward-donation model, similar to Kickstarter, and the equity crowdfunding model similar to Crowdcube. It is an all-or-nothing crowdfunding site where game designers can raise up to 2.5 million euro in funds. Equity investors can commit as little as 20 euros per share.
2. Gamesplanet Lab was put together by the digital distributor Gamesplanet and the european crowdfunding site Ulule. Unlike other crowdfunding sites, Gamesplanet Lab has a rigorous application review process that weeds out low-quality proposals. In addition, this site has a strict follow-through contract and plays a large consulting role in management and strategy planning for fundraising campaigns.
4. LookAtMyGame is a French company that takes 30% of the total LAMG net profit generated by the commercial exploitation of a proposed game. Based on the tier in which individuals invest in games, they can receive: “For a € 10 invested: The access to exclusive media. For a € 20 invested: Your name in the credits of the game. For a € 30: A part of net profits of marketing of the game.”
5. Pozible is an Australia-based project crowdfunding site similar to Kickstarter where game developers can crowdfund their idea under the games category and offer rewards depending on the amount backers decide to pledge.
More Sites for Gaming
6. Kickstarter is a well-known American crowdfunding site with a games category where designers can post their game project and offer donation-based rewards. At the time of writing, 3,775 game projects have been launched and raised $71.95 M with a 34% success rate. This is one of the fastest growing categories on Kickstarter.
7. Indiegogo is the largest international crowdfunding platform that also has a gaming category. For individuals without an American citizenship or residence, this is a Kickstarter Alt.
8. 8-Bit Funding is a crowdfunding website that was dedicated to indie game developers. However, the site is no longer being updated and the developers have shifted their attention to their new site, IndieGameStand that allows game developers to sell their games to fans and general gamers.
Weekly Success Tips
Want to receive awesome valuable resources that will help you run a successful Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other type of crowdfunding campaign? Join 3,000+ other readers working hard to make their dream a reality.