Top 10 Crowdfunding Sites for Nonprofits
New!!! Check out the Nonprofit Crowdfunding Guide on Amazon
Crowdfunding for social causes is quickly gaining in popularity. These sites are redefining how NGOs, non-profits, and student organizations raise money for events and charitable causes. I’ve included a list of the top ten social sites below. Don’t forget to check out 5 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Crowdfunding and Non-profit Crowdfunding vs. Peer to Peer Fundraising.
1. Razoo: “a movement of people who want to make generosity a part of everyday life.” Over 14,000 nonprofits have used this platform to raise around 100 million.
2. Causes: For people who want to change the world. Categories vary from disaster relief efforts to human rights. Causes has raised more than 30 million for non-profits.
3. Buzzbnk: A UK platform that supports social entrepreneurs and innovators. “Positive People Backing Bright Ideas.”
4. StartSomeGood: StartSomeGood empowers “social innovators,” and forwards the trend of social entrepreneurship. It is a relatively new social site.
5. Crowdrise: Named the “Top 25 Best Global Philanthropist.” Since 2009, Crowdrise has helped bring together volunteers and philanthropists to spread the call of service.
6. CauseVox: Is a NYC startup social site that focuses on helping small to medium sized non-profits raise funds and have a social impact.
7. Kickstarter: A project crowdfunding website that any organization or individual can use to finance their event or project.
8. Indiegogo: An international crowdfunding site for creative types that can also be used to raise money for charity and non-profit organizations.
9. Rockethub.com: A crowdfunding platform used by all types of organizations and individuals ranging from scientists to philanthropists.
10. Pozible.com: An Australia-based website that encourages creative projects and ideas. This website can also be used for charity purposes.