Top 10 Crowdfunding Sites for Nonprofits
Crowdfunding for social causes is quickly gaining in popularity. These sites are redefining how NGOs, non-profits, and student organizations raise money for events and charitable causes. I’ve included a list of the top ten social sites below. Don’t forget to check out 5 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Crowdfunding and Non-profit Crowdfunding vs. Peer to Peer Fundraising.
1. Razoo: “a movement of people who want to make generosity a part of everyday life.” Over 14,000 nonprofits have used this platform to raise around 100 million.
2. Causes: For people who want to change the world. Categories vary from disaster relief efforts to human rights. Causes has raised more than 30 million for non-profits.
3. Buzzbnk: A UK platform that supports social entrepreneurs and innovators. “Positive People Backing Bright Ideas.”
4. StartSomeGood: StartSomeGood empowers “social innovators,” and forwards the trend of social entrepreneurship. It is a relatively new social site.
5. Crowdrise: Named the “Top 25 Best Global Philanthropist.” Since 2009, Crowdrise has helped bring together volunteers and philanthropists to spread the call of service.
6. CauseVox: Is a NYC startup social site that focuses on helping small to medium sized non-profits raise funds and have a social impact.
7. Kickstarter: A project crowdfunding website that any organization or individual can use to finance their event or project.
8. Indiegogo: An international crowdfunding site for creative types that can also be used to raise money for charity and non-profit organizations.
9. Rockethub.com: A crowdfunding platform used by all types of organizations and individuals ranging from scientists to philanthropists.
10. Pozible.com: An Australia-based website that encourages creative projects and ideas. This website can also be used for charity purposes.