How to Create and Crowdfund Your First Product
This is THE episode to listen to if you want to learn how to create your first prototype, find a manufacturer, and scale the business with crowdfunding.
Josh Lifton, the Founder and CEO of Crowd Supply, shared the step-by-step process for taking your first product from the idea phase to the initial prototype, and finally, how you mass produce the product.
You don’t need to be an engineer to make a new product from scratch, but you do need to take several crucial steps if if you want to successfully crowdfund your business.
This episode demystifies the product development process and after listening, you’ll see how to actually raise money from the crowd!
In this podcast episode, you’ll learn:
- How Crowd Supply differs from Kickstarter and Indiegogo
- What you need to know about crowdfunding as an engineer
- An overview of the product development process
- How to create your first prototype
- Advice for engineers looking to create a new product
- Ways to go about finding a great manufacturer
- Why you should pay more to create a quality product
- Something that you must absolutely do, no matter which crowdfunding platform you launch on
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Crowd Supply
- Usb Armory $134,569 raised
- Novena Laptop $783,329 raised
- A Weather Walked In Book of Photos raised $22,470 raised
- Crowd Supply Provider Directory
- Fulfillrite helps you ship out your perks or rewards to your customers. I highly recommend checking them out!
- TheGadgetFlow: Use the coupon code crowdcrux20 for 20% OFF all of their services to promote your design, technology, or fashion project.
Weekly Success Tips
Want to receive awesome valuable resources that will help you run a successful Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other type of crowdfunding campaign? Join 3,000+ other readers working hard to make their dream a reality.