Free Crowdfunding Press Release Service
On Monday, June 3, 2013, we launched a new website called CrowdfundingPr at the request of many campaign owners looking to get the word out about their Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign. Staying true to our mission to help creative entrepreneurs run successful crowdfunding campaigns, we hope this service will help improve your project’s visibility.
What are the benefits?
- Search engine visibility so that backers can find your campaign via yahoo, google, and bing.
- Possible promotion from CrowdfundingPr’s Twitter, Facebook, and Newsletter.
- A press release that can be sent to journalists, bloggers, and backers to raise your credibility and communicate your story.
- Possible pledges from backers browsing CrowdfundingPr. Most-upvoted stories tend to be viewed more.
- A quick and easy link to share with your friends to communicate the background behind your project from inception to funding.
What are the requirements?
- The release must be between 500-1200 words.
- There can be no misspellings.
- No images needed, but encouraged – We will grab the video from your campaign website.
- Links to your campaign, LinkedIn, personal website, and Twitter are encouraged.
Why Should You Submit A Press Release?
Aside from content marketing, getting into search engine listings, and social media promotion, I think it’s an awesome strategic exercise and way for you to communicate your story to the world.
When structuring a press release, you must identify the audience for your campaign, craft clear and compelling language that can be re-used in other marketing materials, and really force yourself to get in the head of the person who might check out your campaign. What drives them to make a small contribution or preorder the product? Are they aligned with your cause or do they want to show off your cool product to their friends?
Although some crowdfunding campaign owners are just doing a one-time Kickstarter or Indiegogo project, many are looking to use crowdfunding as a springboard to launch their business venture.
Writing a press release is a great way for future customers to find your company and click through to your website. I have described the sales funnel many times in previous posts. The more footprints you leave behind on forums, in comments, and on blogs, the more chances people have of finding your company, which may provide solutions for problems they experience every day.
Finally, in addition to being able to re-use the language and images you put into the press release, the service is free!