Top 49 Blogs To Read Before Starting a Kickstarter or Indiegogo
This article is sponsored by the Quikstix Kickstarter campaign. “Quikstix is the clever new delivery device that makes a complete quality plunger coffee or tea in any location, real quick.” They are accepting pledges for 21 more days. Check them out here!
Social Media Marketing:
- Social Media Examiner: The world’s largest online social media magazine, Social Media Examiner® helps businesses discover how to best use social media, blogs and podcasts to connect with customers, drive traffic, generate awareness and increase sales.
- Buffer Blog: Buffer is a social media scheduling app, but they have some awesome blog posts on how to engage your followers and get the most out of social media marketing.
- Jeff Bullas’s Blog: Social Media Marketing Blogger, Strategist & Speaker, Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer 2013, Huffington Post Top 100 Business Twitter Accounts.
- Heidi Cohen: Actionable Marketer shares practical advice on social media, marketing & life.
- AllFacebook: The leading resource about Facebook, with guides for individuals, brand managers and developers.
- Social Mouths: I help entrepreneurs and small businesses turn their vanilla web presence into a profit powerhouse.
- Social media explorer: Social Media Explorer is a digital and social marketing strategy house and an information products company.
- Social Media Today: Publishing & distribution of great posts by world’s best thinkers on social media best practices, tools & social marketing.
- PrInYourPajamas: Practical publicity tips for entrepreneurs.
- Publicity Hound: Tips, Tricks, and Tools for free publicity.
- SpinSucks: An award-winning PR and marketing blog. Arm of virtual agency, Arment Dietrich
- CrowdfundingPR Blog: Website and blog about PR related to the crowdfunding industry.
- Journalistics: A nifty little blog about public relations and journalism.
- PR 20/20: Inbound marketing agency. Brand, web, search, social, content, PR.
- PRCouture: PR tips for the fashion industry.
- PRSquared: Conversations about PR, social media, and marketing.
Writing a compelling pitch:
- CopyBlogger: The best resource I’ve come across on the topic of copywriting and content marketing.
- TheCopyBot: Essential web writing advice.
- Convince and Convert: Social media, content marketing, and copywriting advice.
- Copywriter’s Roundtable: Learning to sell through compelling copywriting.
- Content Verve: All about content, copy, and conversion.
- SEO Copywriting Blog: Web and social media writing tips.
Crafting and Marketing a Video:
- ReelSeo: Online video marketing guide.
- VidYard: Tips on making, marketing, and improving videos.
- VideoBrewery: ABCs of video production. Good “how to” articles.
- SmartShoot: Video marketing and storytelling advice.
- GetResponse: Email marketing and content marketing tips.
- Deliverability: Comprehensive email marketing blog.
- Responsys: Digital and email marketing advice from open rates to email marketing on mobile.
- Mailchimp Blog: Mailchimp is a mass email (newsletter) delivery service. They also run a good blog that covers conversion tips and adapting to new advances like google’s tab feature.
- Bronto Blog: Email marketing trends and tips.
SEO (Search engine optimization):
- Search Engine Land: News and updates relevant to search engine marketing.
- Matt Cutss’ Blog: Google, Gadgets, and Search.
- Unbounce Blog: Landing page optimization/conversion tips.
- KissMetrics Blog: Inbound marketing, general marketing, and analytics.
- Hubspot Blog: Everything you would ever want to know about inbound marketing and sales.
- Social Triggers: Online marketing strategy and sales (persuasion).
- Seth Godin’s Blog: Doesn’t need much of an introduction. One of the top marketing experts of our age. He has short blog posts that focus on changing your perception of marketing.
- Marketing Experiments: Copywriting, A/B testing, landing page optimization, and more.
- ConversionRateExperts: Good information on how to direct and channel traffic.
- ViperChill - My personal favorite. It has more of a tilt towards blogging and content marketing.
- Kickstarter Blog: Good tips related to the Kickstarter platform (backed up by data).
- Indiegogo Blog: Awesome information related to the Indiegogo platform.
- Kicktraq Blog: Good info on Kickstarter analytics and using the Kicktraq tool.
- LaunchAndRelease - Music crowdfunding blog
- TheCrowdFundamentals – Blog of Rose Spinelli, a crowdfunding consultant.
- KickstarterConversations – Been around since 2012. Simple interviews of Kickstarter creators.
Note: I’ve only included blogs that have been around for at least a year. If I missed you, leave a comment.