Top 49 Blogs To Read Before Starting a Kickstarter or Indiegogo
Social Media Marketing:
– Social Media Examiner: The world’s largest online social media magazine, Social Media Examiner® helps businesses discover how to best use social media, blogs and podcasts to connect with customers, drive traffic, generate awareness and increase sales.
– Buffer Blog: Buffer is a social media scheduling app, but they have some awesome blog posts on how to engage your followers and get the most out of social media marketing.
– Jeff Bullas’s Blog: Social Media Marketing Blogger, Strategist & Speaker, Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer 2013, Huffington Post Top 100 Business Twitter Accounts.
– Heidi Cohen: Actionable Marketer shares practical advice on social media, marketing & life.
– AllFacebook: The leading resource about Facebook, with guides for individuals, brand managers and developers.
– Social Mouths: I help entrepreneurs and small businesses turn their vanilla web presence into a profit powerhouse.
– Social media explorer: Social Media Explorer is a digital and social marketing strategy house and an information products company.
– Social Media Today: Publishing & distribution of great posts by world’s best thinkers on social media best practices, tools & social marketing.
– PrInYourPajamas: Practical publicity tips for entrepreneurs.
– Publicity Hound: Tips, Tricks, and Tools for free publicity.
– SpinSucks: An award-winning PR and marketing blog. Arm of virtual agency, Arment Dietrich
– CrowdfundingPR Blog: Website and blog about PR related to the crowdfunding industry.
– Journalistics: A nifty little blog about public relations and journalism.
– PR 20/20: Inbound marketing agency. Brand, web, search, social, content, PR.
– PRCouture: PR tips for the fashion industry.
– PRSquared: Conversations about PR, social media, and marketing.
Writing a compelling pitch:
– CopyBlogger: The best resource I’ve come across on the topic of copywriting and content marketing.
– TheCopyBot: Essential web writing advice.
– Convince and Convert: Social media, content marketing, and copywriting advice.
– Copywriter’s Roundtable: Learning to sell through compelling copywriting.
– Content Verve: All about content, copy, and conversion.
– SEO Copywriting Blog: Web and social media writing tips.
Crafting and Marketing a Video:
– ReelSeo: Online video marketing guide.
– VidYard: Tips on making, marketing, and improving videos.
– VideoBrewery: ABCs of video production. Good “how to” articles.
– SmartShoot: Video marketing and storytelling advice.
– GetResponse: Email marketing and content marketing tips.
– Deliverability: Comprehensive email marketing blog.
– Responsys: Digital and email marketing advice from open rates to email marketing on mobile.
– Mailchimp Blog: Mailchimp is a mass email (newsletter) delivery service. They also run a good blog that covers conversion tips and adapting to new advances like google’s tab feature.
– Bronto Blog: Email marketing trends and tips.
SEO (Search engine optimization):
– Search Engine Land: News and updates relevant to search engine marketing.
– Matt Cutss’ Blog: Google, Gadgets, and Search.
– Unbounce Blog: Landing page optimization/conversion tips.
– KissMetrics Blog: Inbound marketing, general marketing, and analytics.
– Hubspot Blog: Everything you would ever want to know about inbound marketing and sales.
– Social Triggers: Online marketing strategy and sales (persuasion).
- Seth Godin’s Blog: Doesn’t need much of an introduction. One of the top marketing experts of our age. He has short blog posts that focus on changing your perception of marketing.
– Marketing Experiments: Copywriting, A/B testing, landing page optimization, and more.
– ConversionRateExperts: Good information on how to direct and channel traffic.
– ViperChill – My personal favorite. It has more of a tilt towards blogging and content marketing.
– Kickstarter Blog: Good tips related to the Kickstarter platform (backed up by data).
– Indiegogo Blog: Awesome information related to the Indiegogo platform.
– Kicktraq Blog: Good info on Kickstarter analytics and using the Kicktraq tool.
– LaunchAndRelease – Music crowdfunding blog
– TheCrowdFundamentals – Blog of Rose Spinelli, a crowdfunding consultant.
– KickstarterConversations – Been around since 2012. Simple interviews of Kickstarter creators.
Note: I’ve only included blogs that have been around for at least a year. If I missed you, leave a comment.